2. If you are planting out Runner beans from pots try the following procedure. Water the beans well, in their pots about 30 minutes prior to planting. Meanwhile prepare the planting holes. Use a dibber to creates holes to about the depth of the pots, this keeps the soil slightly firmer than using a fork or trowel. Add a used tea bag to the bottom of each planting hole and add water to the hole, then firm each plant from its pot into the hole. Water all the plants again after planting is complete.
3. French climbing beans like a sunny sheltered growing area. They will require supports up to approximately 6 feet (1.8m). They make good companion plants for low growing vegetables that like shade, such as Lettuce, Cucumber, Radish.
4.Some plants that may deter Carrot fly. Coriander, Lettuce, Rosemary, Sage, Salsify. The Onion family.
5. Avoid watering Strawberries late in the day. The drop in temperature at night can add to the chance of rot or mould to the plants.
6. Five weeds that are harmful for various reasons, (under the 1959 Weeds Act) are, Broad-leaved Dock, Common Ragwort, Creeping or Field Thistle, Curled Dock, Spear Thistle.
7. Carrots are said to grow better when grown near chives. Chives will also deter aphids.
8. Save the planet, activate your compost heap, get a pee bale. (Men only). Sorry ladies.
9. Finding some extra room in your greenhouse now that the weather has improved? Use the extra space for hanging up and drying off your "smalls".
10. This is a link to an excellent website with information about wild flowers/plants CLICK HERE.