|One of the Chairs Before Re-furbishing It|
I brushed off the dirt, mould, spiders, snails and various other grime and left the 2 chairs and bench inside my shed to dry out. By Thursday afternoon the furniture was dry and after a couple of hours cleaning and rubbing the wood down it was ready to be treated with waterproof wood preserver (dark mahogany in colour). The finished articles now looks almost as good as new, hopefully the preservative will do what it says on the tin. I managed to get a little weeding done on my main plot on Thursday around the Senshyu Onions, mainly carrying out the work from the grass paths, thus avoiding walking on the saturated soil. I ventured down the plot again on Friday afternoon but with more rain overnight the only other work I got done was to move the compost from an old, well decomposed compost heap, situated at the lower end of my new plot. The compost was forked into my wheelbarrow where various items such as old plant pots, bits of netting and large stones were removed. I then tipped several barrow loads of the compost onto my Autumn fruiting Raspberry bed before leveling it off with a rake, around the previously pruned Raspberry canes. Having achieved a depth of approximately 6 inches (15cm) with the compost, across the bed, I think this will feed the plants for some time to come.
|Garden (Plot) Furniture Before (Left) and After Re-furbishing|