2. If you are intending to sow a new lawn this year, May is probably the last month to do it in most parts of U.K.
3. If you grow fruit trees, remove any suckers as soon as they appear.
4. Light & sunlight are very important factors when growing vegetables, most need about 6 hours per day for healthy growth. Lettuce, Peas, Carrots, Kale & Chard will tolerate shady conditions. Fruit bearing vegetables such as Tomatoes, Squashes and Peppers need full sun.
5. If you are growing Carrots this season do not sow them near to Strawberries, Tomatoes or Grapes which can have a negative effect on the Carrots growth.
6. If your garden or allotment soil is still cold and wet do not add any mulch to it, as this will only cause mould and disease to start.
7. Onion tip. When you are preparing Spring onions for a meal, normally…