2. Red & white currants, Gooseberries, Autumn raspberries & outdoor grapevines can be pruned this month but not if heavy frosts are expected. Seal any pruning wounds.
3. Most summer bulbs are not Winter hardy so dig them up, remove excess soil and store them in a cool dry place indoors, ready for re-planting next year.
4. If your outdoor plant containers are too large or heavy to move to a frost free place, make sure they are insulated for the Winter. Fleece, bubble wrap or (polythene sheeting over cardboard sheets) can be used.
5. Hardwood cuttings from Currants & Gooseberries can be taken this month.
6. Order your fruit and veg catalogues now.
7. If the soil on your allotment is still reasonably dry, digging/rotavating compost or manure into it, can still be carried out this month.
8. Think about growing "woody" plants permanently for next year and beyond, these will help extract carbon dioxide from our atmosphere.
9. Keep clearing dead and decaying vegetation from gardens, lawns and allotments adding it to the compost heap.
10. Unless you are behind with your work “down the plot” enjoy your Christmas shopping and have a Merry Christmas!!!