2. If you have not done so already, start chitting your seed potatoes, in a cool, dry frost free space.
3. The following veggies can be sown under glass. In colder areas probably later in the month, Broad beans, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, celeriac, leeks, lettuce, marrows, onions, peas, peppers, radish, tomatoes, turnips and pumpkins.
4. Rhubarb crowns can be lifted and divided in February as well as "forcing" plants which are not being divided, to produce earlier sweet young stems.
5. Your brassicas growing area may well benefit later from doing a pH check now. The pH should be between 6.0 and 7.5. with 6.5 to 7.0 being the ideal range. If lime needs to be added (to reduce the soils acidity and raise its pH) add it now, to allow it to be worked into the soil before sowing/planting takes place later.
6. Try some new veggies for …